Preparation before an interview is critical to your success. These tips will help improve your technique and give you an idea of what kind of questions you might face.
There are multiple questions that come up in every interview.
By planning for these questions you can give a concise, accurate and well thought out answer that will really impress your interviewer.
Some commonly asked questions are:
- If you had the choice what would be your ideal job?
- Why are you seeking a position with our company?
- What interests you most/least about this job?
- What are you looking for in your next job
- What do you believe are your greatest achievements to date?
- Where do you want to be in 5 or 10 years?
- What are your strengths/weaknesses?
- What did you like/dislike most about your previous job?
- How would you describe yourself?
Prepare some questions to ask the interviewer.
This is your chance to find out additional information about the company and the job.
Before the Interview
- Make sure you know where the interview is being held and how to get there.
- Plan to be at the interview 5 minutes early.
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately for the interview. You need to look tidy and presentable.
- Make sure you have some questions prepared for your interviewer.
- Be sure to bring any necessary documentation.
At the Interview
- The first impression is always the strongest and most lasting.
- Be friendly, polite, and respectful to your interviewer.
- Listen carefully.
- Keep your answers relevant and to the point.
- Don’t be afraid to sell yourself, however answer questions honestly and avoid the temptation over embellish your experience, qualifications and abilities.
- Show enthusiasm and interest in the job.
- Prepare some questions to ask the interviewer. This is your chance to find out additional information about the company and the job.